The process of comparing ERP systems is a big undertaking. Most products offer similar features and it isn’t always easy to see how they might benefit your business or which are more essential. But this is something you need to do, considering that implementing or replacing an ERP system is a decision that will affect your business for years after the fact.
We’re offering a free comparison checklist you can use to evaluate the merits of multiple ERP systems. The checklist is customizable: you can fill it out, placing priority on whatever features or benefits are most important to you, and then easily compare multiple companies.
5 categories to evaluate
The comparison checklist helps you stack ERP systems against each other and evaluate them in five key areas:
- Productivity:How will it increase your productivity?
- Functionality: What features does it offer?
- Technology: How does it leverage technology?
- Value: How does the product’s lifetime cost compare to what you’re getting?
- Risk: How does it minimize risk and facilitate security?
The checklist is built to clear up confusion by laying out the benefits under each of these categories in a clean, easy-to-read format. Acumatica’s benefits are already listed; you simply have to add the names of other companies to the appropriate column and check whatever benefits their ERP offers. This tool also allows you to personalize your evaluation by ranking the features that are a priority for your company’s current and future needs, so you can see which systems are a better fit.
- Under productivity, you might prioritize an ERP system that allows you to work and print documents in multiple languages, removing the language barrier between you and your customers.
- Under functionality, you might prioritize an ERP system that combines neatly with your CRM in a single database.
- Under technology, you might prioritize the freedom to move between on premise and cloud deployments, as your needs change.
- Under value, you might prioritize an ERP system that only charges you for what you use instead of by user count.
- Under risk, you might prioritize an ERP system with exceptional backup and disaster recovery capabilities.
Choosing a new platform is a big decision and one that shouldn’t be made lightly. We won’t hide the fact that no matter what your priorities are, we believe Acumatica’s Cloud ERP will fulfill them. At the same time, we understand the importance of gathering all the information you can, pitting benefits against each other, and making a deeply informed decision. That’s exactly why we put the comparison checklist together.