Technical Support Engineer
Position Objective: The role of the Technical Support Engineer is to provide 1st level support to all Central Data clients, internal and external.
The TSE reports to the Director of Technical Services.
Technical Support Services
- Manage support tickets by triaging, assigning, updating, and closing tickets as needed
- Provide internal and external technical support of client systems and their integration of Infor SX.e ERP software
- Perform remote troubleshooting and call handling through diagnostic techniques and directed questions, with a solid understanding of client satisfaction
- Provide excellent follow-up of client status and information; documenting issues/resolutions to tickets
- Administer client network devices such as laptops, workstations, printers and servers within a Microsoft Windows environment
- Assist clients with licensing and Office 365 activations
- Communicate clearly and effectively with team/management
- Other work and projects as assigned
- 2+ years of experience working in a professional information technology role
- Strong willingness to learn, improve and grow
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well on a team
- Positive attitude and professional phone demeanor
- Strong troubleshooting skills for diagnosing of issues
- Able to adapt, multitask and prioritize issues
Skills and Qualifications:
- Windows networking
- Windows Server, Windows 10, Office 365, WSUS
- Experience with ConnectWise or similar ticketing system
- Application installation, upgrades, and management
- Laptop and Desktop installation and management
- MFA, Google Cloud Print, AWS experience a plus
- Infor SX.e/ERP and Progress software knowledge a plus
Central Data is a great place to work!
At Central Data, we foster a quality-driven and team-focused company culture. From our employees to our partners, we work with only the best and brightest in the industry. We mean it when we say that our success depends our team of hard working and dedicated employees.
We offer a variety of career opportunities to fit a broad range of skill sets and provide paths for advancement and continued career development. Our competitive compensation and benefits packages, along with an array of perks, makes Central Data a great place to work.
- A performance-driven, can-do environment
- A culture where results are recognized and rewarded
- To be challenged and have fun at the same time
- Green Light Rule: We trust our people to make decisions that are best for our customers
- Your birthday off – We love birthdays!
- Occasional bring your dog to work days
- Snacks! Central Data feeds their family
- A supportive and accessible management team
- 401k w/ match
- FSA Account
- Generous PTO policy
- Short-Term Disability (company paid)
- Medical and Dental
We promote an inclusive work environment
At Central Data, diversity and inclusion is an important part of who we are. It optimizes the performance and productivity of our employees, further enhancing our competitive advantage. We value the different perspectives, experiences and creativity that our talented employees bring to their roles, making us a stronger company and a welcoming place to work. This philosophy enables us to exceed the expectations of our customers and more quickly adapt to changes in today’s fast-paced global economy.
Learn more about joining our team
If you’re a quick study, a hard worker and know what it takes to provide awesome customer service, please check out our listing of open positions below. If a position that isn’t listed but you feel you have what it takes, send us your resume anyway.